Complaints must be taken seriously and I wish to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of the service at this practice. If patients complain, they must be dealt with politely and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. Please follow this procedure in the event of a complaint.
- The person responsible for dealing with any query about the service provided is Ms T Shumilova.
- If a patient complains at reception or by telephone, listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to Ms Shumilova immediately. If Ms Shumilova is busy, please arrange a convenient time for either Ms Shumilova to speak to the patient on the telephone or, if the patient wishes to see her at the surgery, please offer a fifteen-minute appointment. Please take brief details of the complaint and pass them on to Ms Shumilova.
- If the patient complains in writing, please pass on immediately to Ms Shumilova.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges by the dentist this should be referred to Ms Shumilova unless the patient specifically requests otherwise.
- Please inform the patient that their complaint will be acknowledged in writing and a copy of this code of Practice sent hopefully within 48 hours. Ms Shumilova will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt of the complaint. Ms Shumilova will aim to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet Ms Shumilova, then she will attempt to talk to him or her on the telephone. If it is not possible to investigate the complaint within ten working days, Ms Shumilova will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and the likely period in which the investigations will be completed.
- The decision about the complaint will be confirmed in writing immediately after the investigations are complete.
- Please ensure that proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
If the patient is not satisfied following the above procedure:
- Denplan patients may contact Denplan Ltd.
- Private patients may contact the Dental Complaints Service. 08456 120 540